Sunday, April 11, 2010

Olivia's 2nd Birthday



This invitation was created using the Cricut, and Sweet Treats Cartridge.

Soon after my daughter turned a year old, I already started thinking of ideas for her second birthday party. I came up with the idea of having a cupcake theme party for her. I love cupcakes, but don’t really care for cake itself. Honestly can’t tell you what the reasoning is behind it, besides cupcakes being more personal and cutter.

I had a lot of plans for her cupcake themed party; having all the kids frost and design their own cupcakes (in the garage of course). Having cupcakes as her actual birthday cake, cupcake favors, cupcake invitations, etc. Happy to say that I was able to accomplish most of the things planned.

There is one thing I have to admit, only cause I laughed really hard at myself. When preparing the cupcakes for the favors, I somehow calculated 20x4=200. It took me after 150 cupcakes to finally realize I had calculated wrong (very wrong)! Nonetheless, the cupcakes were not put to waste. I had only planned on putting four cupcakes in each favor box, instead they each received six.

Believe it or not, I already have an idea for her third birthday.

Think It. Des-ign It. Create It.

No comments:

Post a Comment